Seafarers designated to be in command of fire-fighting operations, i.e. masters, mates and engineers.
- Training Certificate Basic Training
- Valid medical certificate of fitness
The organisation of fire fighting on board. Planning and execution of procedures. With specific attention for:
- Assignment of tasks and responsibilities
- Management and co-ordination, in general and of the fire teams
- Obtain information, judgement of situations and taking decisions
- Co-operation with shore based fire fighting teams during fire on board
- Fire fighting with regards to dangerous goods
- Ventilation techniques and –management with regards to fire fighting
- Modern developments regarding fire fighting techniques and –equipment
- Analyses of various cases
- Practical exercises with specific attention for procedures, management, leadership and fire fighting teams
- Ships stability
- Maintenance management of fire fighting and detection equipment
No. of Days
Php 6,810.00 which includes Reader/Hand-outs, Certificate of Completion, and Certified True Copy (CTC).
Please refer to “Class Schedules” on our website or contact the NSTC office.
Upon completion of the course after passing a theoretical test and practical assessment a Certificate of Completion will be issued, which can be converted into a Certificate of Proficiency at the Maritime Industry Authority.
A refresher course and/or documentary evidence is required after five (5) years (STCW Secion A-VI/3), furthermore during five (5) consecutive years one must obtain 1 year seaservice, to retain certificate validity.
Bring boiler suit or old clothes.
Please submit prior to the course:
Maximum number of participants per course is 24, minimum of 12 participants is required to run the course.