All persons on board who are assigned to shipboard duties, i.e. all persons employed or engaged on a seagoing vessel other than passengers.
- Basic swiming skils
- Valid medical certificate of fitness issued by DOH accredited clini
According to the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) the course consists of the following modules:
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- Elementary First Aid
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
The following practical modules are included in the course:
- Familiarization and exercises with life saving appliances
- Maintenance safety appliances
- Fire fighting exercises with fire fighting equipment, self-contained breating apparatus and various types of (portable) fire extinguishers
- Exercises with emergency procedures
- First aid and reanimation
No. of Days
Php 6,500.00 which includes Reader/Hand-outs, Certificate of Completion, and Certified True Copy (CTC).
Please refer to “Class Schedules” on our website or contact the NSTC office.
Upon completion of the course after passing theoretical tests and practical assessments a Certificate of Completion will be issued which can be converted into a Certificate of Proficiency at the Maritime Industry Authority.
Table A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3, A-VI/1-4
A refresher course and/or documentary evidence is required after five (5) years (STCW Secion A-VI/1), furthermore during five (5) consecutive years one must obtain 1 year seaservice, to retain certificate validity.
Bring boiler suit or old shirt and pants.
Please submit prior to the course:
Maximum number of participants per course is 24, minimum of 18 participants is required to run the course.