Officers who are designated to provide medical first aid on board ship.
- Training Certificate Basic Training
- Valid medical certificate of fitness
According to the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) the course consists of the following subjects:
- Apply immediate first aid in the event of accident or illness
- Toxicological hazards on board
- Examination of casualty or patient
- Basic life support
- Treatment of burns, scalds
- Fractures, dislocations and muscular injuries
- Medical care of rescued persons
- Radio medical advice
- Cardiac arrest, drowning and asphyxia
- Transport of wounded persons and evacuation by helicopter
No. of Days
Php 4,610.00 which includes Reader/Hand-outs, Certificate of Completion, and Certified True Copy (CTC).
Please refer to “Class Schedules” on our website or contact the NSTC office.
Upon completion of the course after passing a theoretical test and practical assessment a Certificate of Completion will be issued which can be converted into a Certificate of Proficiency at the Maritime Industry Authority.
During 5 consecutive years one must obtain 1 year seaservice, to retain certificate validity.
Please submit prior to the course:
Maximum number of participants per course is 24, minimum of 16 participants is required to run the course.