Seafarers designated to be in command of launching and operating life boats, survival crafts and rescue boats.
- Training Certificate Basic Training
- Valid medical certificate of fitness
- 18 years of age
- 6 months of approved seagoing service in order to obtain Certificate of Proficiency. Course can be attended without seagoing service after which Certificate of Completion will be issued, which can be converted into a Certificate of Proficiency after completion of the sea service.
According to the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) the course consists of the following subjects:
- Assignment of tasks and responsibilities during abandon ship
- Management and co-ordination of tasks
- Take charge of survival craft or resque boat during and after launch
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship
- Use of locating devices including communication and signalling apparatus
- Apply first aid to survivors
- Purpose and use of rescue crafts and life saving appliances
- Construction of rescue crafts
- Practical exercises in operating survival crafts
No. of Days
Php 5,555.00 which includes Reader/Hand-outs, Certificate of Completion, and Certified True Copy (CTC).
Please refer to “Class Schedules” on our website or contact the NSTC office.
Upon completion of the course after passing a theoretical and practical assessment a Certificate of Completion will be issued which can be converted into a Certificate of Proficiency at the Maritime Industry Authority.
A refresher course and/or documentary evidence is required after five (5) years (STCW Secion A-VI/2), furthermore during five (5) consecutive years one must obtain 1 year seaservice, to retain certificate validity.
Bring boiler suit or old shirt and pants.
Please submit prior to the course:
Maximum number of participants per course is 24, minimum of 12 participants is required to run the course.