Seafarers who are not appointed as Ship Security Officers, but are charged with security tasks according to the Ship Security Plan.
According to the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) the course consists of the following subjects:
- The meaning and consequences of the various security levels
- Knowledge of the ship security plan, the procedures and the precautionary measures (including the procedures for gaining access to the ship)
- Observing and recognizing security risks
- Observing and recognizing, on a non-discriminatory basis, the characteristics and behavioural patterns of people who may threaten security
- Techniques used to bypass security measures
- Knowledge of security documentation (including the Declaration of Security (DoS))
- Knowledge of frisking and unobtrusive inspections
- Knowledge of any security devices on board
No. of Days
Php 2,000.00 which includes Reader/Hand-outs, Certificate of Completion, and Certified True Copy (CTC).
Please refer to “Class Schedules” on our website or contact the NSTC office.
Upon completion of the course after passing a theoretical test and practical assessment a Certificate of Completion will be issued which can be converted into a Certificate of Proficiency at the Maritime Industry Authority.
Table A-VI/6-1 & A-VI/6-2
No re-validation required.
Please submit prior to the course:
Maximum number of participants per course is 24, minimum of 18 participants is required to run the course.